Friday, April 30, 2010

Flora Says

I've been knitting fish all evening.

Goldfish.

No, they're not for you. They're for a headrest.

For what?

For Flora.

Yes, I renamed my car Flora after saying I was going to change it.

What's that? Fickle? Leave me alone. I'm done letting other people's opinions rule my head.

Even after trying to call my car several different names, I keep going back to Flora. Besides, my dad keeps whining that it's the best car-to-name connection he's ever heard.

This week is over and done with. Tomorrow I shall be next door, babysitting my five-year-old neighbor, here referred to as Choo-Choo. We will likely go hunting for fairies, make peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches, watch Star Wars, and play hide-and-seek. It's the perfect salve for a psyche under attack this week. I've been feeling a bit bombarded.

AND...Lord Dunsany was waiting for me when I got home. (I love how creepy statements like this sound if you don't understand the context.) Something tells me I will be doing a lot of reading...

Seriously...have a great Saturday.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment