Thursday, April 15, 2010

Iambic Parathas.

So much silliness! And gutsiness! Ish!

Fun Fact #1: The Elf Hat of ye long ago is nearly finished. Thank goodness! I actually had to email the original creator of the pattern to ask her a clarifying question, which she promptly responded to. Now I have the answers! I will post pictures when it's ACTUALLY finished, and perhaps when it's on a cute little elfin noggin. That would make the pictures even better, yeah?

Fun Fact #2: I did better than I thought I would on my Logic exam! Huzzah!

Fun Fact #3: I DID try a recipe from my lovely new "100 Great Breads" book this evening. In fact, I tried the "easiest" one (meaning the one that required the least ingredients...and the exclusion of yeast). The recipe was for a sort of Indian flatbread known as a paratha.

First you mix the dough, let it sit for 20 minutes, then roll it into pancake-shaped rounds:



Then you fry the rounds in a cast-iron skillet with some veggie oil until they're golden brown:



You lay them aside to cool:



And finally, you enjoy them with butter, Pav Bhaji (courtesy of Trader Joe's), and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" starring Stanley Tucci:



Mmmmmm...Stanley Tucci.



-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment