Sunday, April 4, 2010

Unlikely Greeting Cards.

(The title is courtesy the BBC comedy show "Mock the Week". I can't exactly recommend watching it, because it's not for the sensitive....but parts of it are very funny.)

Alrighty, here's the thing. Today was (obviously) Easter, so not a lot of gutsiness occurred.

However! There is a lump of orange yarn sitting next to me that was the victim of a rather unfortunate...well, I can't call it an accident.

I can call it my first attempt at crochet.

My sister-in-law (whom I affectionately refer to as Sister Bear, because my bro is Brother Bear...see what I did there?) and her mother are both extremely talented crocheters, and we got to talking about crochet vs. knitting, and I wondered if perhaps I ought to give it another try.

I'm...not sure what I did could really be called crochet. It came out looking more like an orange worm with a glandular problem. But, you know, practice makes perfect?

Other than that, I hope you all had a lovely Easter.

He is risen! He is risen indeed.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment