Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Temptation & Healing

Tonight, I did something truly gutsy. Something I probably should not have attempted, but I was growing desperate. Since it's been almost a week since my debilitating (har har har) run-in with stomach upset, I thought perhaps it was time to step up to the plate and be brave.

This evening...I ate a small cupful of chocolate chips.

.....

Alright, yeah, I know. THAT'S my big gutsy thing for the day? Chocolate chips?

Let's put this in proper perspective. My stomach has been sensitive for a few days, now. I only just allowed myself to have a small amount of milk today, trying to steer clear of dairy products which are not so great on an upset tummy. I've been working up from broth and rice, little by little, so as not to shock the system. I was fine with leaving sugary treats by the wayside. It's good not to overdo it, right? I left the donuts in the breakroom completely alone today (go me!) and didn't feel tempted to buy anything ridiculous at 7-11 on my lunch break. I was feeling on top of the world.

But let's be honest: I've been craving chocolate ever since it became clear that it was the last thing I should have on a sensitive stomach. So tonight was a big step forward into a new and better tomorrow.

...or something like that.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. And I'm glad. Because I really, really missed chocolate.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment