Monday, March 15, 2010

Optimism & Digestives

Today's gutsiness was thus: I had the unmitigated gall to have a wonderful Monday.

I know it seems bizarre. Wonderful and Monday? No. Never.

But yes!

First of all, there's no algebra this week until finals on Thursday, so I don't need to go rushing out the door at 7am. Yay!
Next my dad (who is a genius) fixed the turning signals on my car. I hopped in the car to go to work and the first song that popped on was an old favorite, Passion Pit's "Sleepyhead". Yes, I have it on my iPod. But admit it...sometimes there's a special feeling about hearing a favorite song on the radio. Because you didn't choose it. It chose YOU.

Work was great. The kids were in a pretty great mood, considering it's the first day of the week. The sun was out, so we took them out to the playground for some fresh air.

When it was off to Poetry class for our final classtime and party, I stopped off at the Irish imports store to pick up some digestives. One packet for the Poetry class party, and one for our St. Patty's Day celebration at work. I want the kids to try some Irish "cookies"...I think they'll like them. They're covered in dark chocolate.

The Poetry class was good, but ended somewhat bittersweet. Sometimes I don't like the last day of classes. I bond with people in my classes and then we have to part ways. However, we swapped cell numbers and hopefully will have a write-in sometime in the future. These girls were what made this quarter bearable in that class, and I'll never forget them.

Got home and decided to embark on a new knitting project. So I headed to Joann Fabric to pick up some yarn to make this adorable elfin hat. As part of this pattern I'm learning a new stitch, "seed stitch", which is pretty simple but new to me. Since it's an experiment I don't know if I'll be gifting it or if it'll stay with me for the time being. Who knows...maybe I'll give it to a little elf of my own one day. :)

Ended the day with Indian food from Trader Joe's, the ABC miniseries of "Alice In Wonderland" that is my absolute favorite (and part of the reason I'm reluctant to see the new Tim Burton one...), and working on my knitting.

I'm so easy to please.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment