Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pico de Gallo Run.

As I drove home from work I thought, "You know? I need to cook something tonight. Something simple but sweet."

And it wasn't until I threw open the freezer and saw the breaded cod fillets that I suddenly realized: FISH TACOS.

I ran (drove) to the grocery store to buy corn tortillas, organic guacamole, and pico de gallo, then came back to bake the fillets, heat the tortillas, and rip up some lettuce (I know, I know, it should be cabbage...but I didn't feel like buying cabbage).

It was divine. Thanks for asking.

In other news, I'm watching "The Guild" for the first time ever. Felicia Day (of "Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog" fame) was making Internet sitcoms before the days of Dr. Horrible, and since she's an avid Internet gamer she made a sitcom about life in a MMORPG Guild...and how it affects REAL life.

Day plays a girl named Cyd ("Codex" is her name online) who is living a fairly uneventful real life, but has a "network" of friends in her Guild. Things are going just fine until one of her fellow guildmates--convinced that they've been conducting an online relationship--moves into her real-life house. Hilarity ensues.

I never really got into WoW, and I'm glad. I played it for six days on the free trial thing, but I started to notice that it was a total time-suck and kind of unimpresisve after awhile. So I stopped, and never went back.

But to see the gaming world through hilarious--and yet honest--eyes is fun. I would watch "The Guild" on YouTube if I were you.

I'm off to knit a purse-strap for my headrest-cozy-turned-handbag. Ta for now!

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment