Saturday, May 8, 2010

Initiate Self-Destruct Sequence...

Ah, today. Today was my grandmother's memorial service, and it was a GORGEOUS day, and there was an amazing turnout and lots of lovely memories. It was a sweet way to send her off, surrounded by friends and family and lots of dear rememberances. And lovely flowers, a bouquet of which is currently gracing my antique washstand.

I even spoke at the memorial. I wasn't going to, as I didn't have any real stories to tell. But I felt compelled to say something. Besides, how could I face my gutsy claims if I didn't say something when I knew in my heart I should?

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and we're going for a drive up to LaConner at my mom's request to have lunch and look around and such. My only concern is that I was intending to surprise my mom with a scarf she asked for, but I don't know if I'll finish it in time. Ergh...

In other news...I think my secret mission this summer is to steal my great-great-grandmother's rocking chair out of our carport, fix it up, replace the upholstery, and keep it for myself. Because it's too cool not to. Because my parents don't want it. And because I like the idea of a secret mission.

Over and out.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment