Friday, May 21, 2010

Eloise's Pink Bandana.

I love living where I live.

But I also love dreaming about the place I may live someday. And unsurprisingly, thanks to the events of the evening, I know I want to live in a place where there are regular gatherings of neighbors.

I'm not particularly picky about the TYPE of gathering. Block party, house concert (or carport concert!). Heck, I'd even take a barn raising. (In fact, how epic would that be?)

But tonight it was really fun to stop by the carport of a friend's apartment complex in the pouring rain and feast on homemade salads, salsas, honey ale, hummus, and fantastic desserts. Listen to acoustic music, play with the SWEETEST French bulldog I've ever met (named Eloise, no less), and enjoy good company and laughter. Staying out late in the gathering dark (and COLD) and just enjoying the atmosphere.

Yes, indeed. Wherever I end up living someday, there WILL be gatherings. Even if I have to organize them myself.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

-The GLS
PS: Yes, Eloise WAS wearing a pink bandana. Glad you asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment