Sunday, June 6, 2010

You've Got To...

"...peel...bananas...peel peel bananas got to peel...bananas...peel peel bananas...!"

I have decided that I love Sunday night dinner. Because it's always odd.

Let me explain...

I don't go to church on Sunday mornings. This is not exactly because I'm not a morning person, but more because I prefer the 7pm service at my church. However, when I leave my house to GET to church (and, you know, get a parking place) it's around 6, because my church is not exactly nearby. This would place dinner at around 5:30pm. And at my house, we just don't do the early dinner thing very well.

So I usually stop by the grocery store to grab something for dinner on Sunday nights after church, because by the time I get home my parents are either already asleep or getting ready to be. This also means that I can't use the kitchen without disturbing them (we have a small house).

See what I have to work with?

Tonight's dinner is simple, but divine. For under $4, I was able to purchase a half-pint of milk, some instant oatmeal, and a banana. Filling, sweet, and delicious! And the only appliance required is my electric kettle (which represents probably the best money I ever spent).

As I finish my last bites of oatmeal, I WILL say that my latest gutsiness has been mostly studying and writing in nature. I cannot WAIT for finals to be over, and then I can be DONE with school! At least for awhile. :)

To anyone who is currently cramming for finals: good luck, and stay strong! To those who are already done with finals/graduated: Yeah, yeah, hush. To those who've never taken a final in their lives: boy, have YOU been missing out.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment