Monday, June 7, 2010

A Penny Saved...

Well, I may need all the pennies I can get. Because my dear PowerBook G4 which has lasted FAR beyond its required lifespan and in all that time has performed above and beyond the call of duty...is starting to show its age.

Running hot, running LOUD, randomly freezing...all (apparently) signs of a hard drive starting to deteriorate. It's been a long time since the battery ever held a charge, and all of the things I like to run on the Internet are starting to pass me by, technology-wise.

So, I need to go. Because my dear computer--I have a feeling--is about to freeze up before I shut it down the nice way. Pray for me as I look into new machines/other alternatives and gulp at hurtful price-tags.

-The GLS

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat with my HP. I've had this thing for almost 7 years now. Good luck on finding a new one! Let me know what you find out in your research.

    ReplyDelete