Monday, June 14, 2010

Pretzel M&Ms.

No, seriously. Pretzel M&Ms exist. And they're...worth 89 cents? I don't know. They weren't necessarily fantastic. How's that for a glowing review?

But HERE'S a glowing review: ABOUT SCHMIDT starring Jack Nicholson. Quirky, sad, stark, and wonderful. GREAT film. Not for everyone, but a very honest look at what a life well lived might look like. Scared of growing old? Might want to skip this one. It'll make you run screaming for the hills. Also: please do not view if you are frightened of the prospect of a nude Kathy Bates. I don't know about you, but that last idea almost frightened me out of giving the film a go. But it's okay. It's only for a half-second.

In other news, I just dragged my old camp journal out of mothballs. I figure it's about time to look it over. Two summers worth of camp memories are in it, and I thought maybe I'd add this summer too, even though I'm not at camp. No sense letting good paper go to waste! And just because I'm not at camp, doesn't mean I can't do a little journaling. We'll see how that goes.

You'll have to excuse me. I've got a lot of catching up to do, journaling wise...

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment