Monday, February 22, 2010

Contests & Flurry

This blog post will be extremely brief, because I've just had the most remarkable story idea and I need to get cracking on it.

However! On the gutsy side of things, I've signed on to perform a piece of slam poetry out loud at a school poetry reading coming up. I'm a little nervous about it, but I knew that the fact I was nervous was the very reason to do it. The reading is going to be judged (though I don't think there are any real prizes or anything), as if it's a real slam poetry competition. Yikes.

Gutsiness is not for the faint of heart, it seems.

The reading is on March 1st. As the date draws closer, keep me in your thoughts. I don't usually read poetry out loud. Indeed, I don't usually write poetry in order for it to be read. But my teacher liked my poem, so at her behest (and mine, through this blog) I decided to go for it.

That's all, for now. I'm off to concoct the weirdest Western you ever heard of.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment