Friday, July 30, 2010

A Most Peculiar Day.

I'm doing a lot of research on Antarctica at the moment. Don't ask me why. It's an arduous tale.

Today was a very odd day. My dad has a major virus (he's okay, honest...), I had to give myself an olive oil hair treatment (yeah, don't ask), and my creative breakthrough kind of, sort of, struck me full-on as I was walking back from Tully's to work on my fifteen minute break. It was...jarring. And it kind of has to do with Antarctica. Kind of.

In any case, my mom and I watched the remake of "South Pacific" with Glenn Close tonight. We love that movie. I haven't seen the original, but I HAVE seen Rossano Brazzi as de Becque, and...wow. The original may be a classic, but Rade Sherbedgia is amazing in the new one. And not made of cardboard. Which is, you know, a plus.

See, this is the kind of day I'm having. I've degenerated into talking about obscure actors in obscure roles (not that South Pacific is obscure...but...it kind of is, anymore...which is sad...).

And I'm listening to Miley Cyrus right now.

I think I'm too off-kilter to be gutsy, at the moment.

Tune in tomorrow.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment