Friday, August 27, 2010

Do-Over!

My attempt at using up leftovers was very nearly a total bust, but only because I mis-used some of the herbs from my beloved garden. I wasted a whole box of chicken stock, a clove of garlic, and some stovetop energy on disgusting, bitter grossness.

But hey, nobody's perfect.

Actually, I'm glad I was only in the beginning stages of the soup when I messed it up, and not serving it out to be consumed.

I know, I know. You're wondering what I did to mess it up. I'm not telling, because I'm still a little bummed about it.

However! After starting afresh, I created an unusual and tasty Palak Paneer soup. Since the Palak Paneer was readymade from Trader Joe's, giving a recipe seems a little weird. But it was basically Chicken stock, leftover Palak Paneer, garlic, leftover brown rice, and a few other spices.

It was good. But I ate too much of it, methinks.

I am now watching an array of strange and wonderful martial arts movies. Like, obscure ones. Because I can.

Mmmm...Stephen Chow.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment