Sunday, August 1, 2010

72 Angry Men.

Film Alert!

I'm back on my Western kick. This time it was "The Ox-Bow Incident" with Henry Fonda. And it was...uh...depressing, actually. Really. It was one of those 1940's films where they wanted you to think at the end. Which I don't mind, but I was kinda hoping for a good old-fashioned shoot 'em up. And instead, you're given tragic irony. I hate tragic irony. It bugs the heck out of me.

Well, back to my Civil War research. Did you know that there was a place in the Indian Territory (Oklahoma, now) that was called Honey Springs? And that there was quite the decisive battle there, in which white soldiers were the minority? Mostly it was African American and Native American regiments fighting. I had no idea. Makes me want to write stuff. I believe I will.

-The GLS

No comments:

Post a Comment